Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linked model not loading

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
318 Views, 3 Replies

linked model not loading

I have linked the structural model to my model.  I'm trying to upload an updated structural model.  I do a "reload from"...and it shows the loading progress and it stops at 50%.  Then revit is "not responding" and I have to ctrl alt delete and quit revit.  What is the problem.  I have reloaded the structural model before in the same fashion and it was fine. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Try removing the previous Linked model, and inserting the new one.

The Reload From method may run out of memory. How large is the file?

Hopefully you have set up Shared Coordinates so it will drop in the correct location/alignment.

cheers

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I have tried that with no luck.  I do have 3 other models linked as well.  I am able to reload from for each of those models just fine.  Seems to be file specific.  Any other ideas?  Could something be wrong with the structural file?  Does it make a difference whether the linked file is a central or local file?

Message 4 of 4
rosskirby

Have you copy/monitored anything out of the original linked file?  Maybe Revit is looking for something that is no longer there, which usually isn't a problem, because it will give you a warning/notice that something has been removed.  Does the new file have the same name as the old one?

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report