Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linked file could not be located. it will be displayed as it was when this project was last saved.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dh930331
222 Views, 1 Reply

linked file could not be located. it will be displayed as it was when this project was last saved.

Hi all,

as you already know, there are many solutions in this board to solve the "linked file could not be..." error.

but I think it dosen't work for my case.

the error still occurred when I try to "link" or "import" CAD file.

- CAD version is 2021, and Revit version is 2021 too.

- I checked Origin things both of revit and CAD.

- I checked CAD and Revit file's route, and its name.

- I checked and installed every recent updates for revit 2021.

- I tried to convert language to English. but it didn't worked. (basic setting is Korean.)

- when I try to link CAD file, soon that error occurred, I can't find ANY CAD file imported in Manage Link menu, so I can't RELOAD it. and I think it means NO CAD file was imported.

- when I try to import CAD file, nothing happens. No responses. and couldn't find CAD file imported in Manage Link menu too.

- same CAD and Revit files works in other computers. they're using same version with mine.

thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RobDraw
in reply to: dh930331

It sounds like you may be confused about linking and importing. They are different. If you import the .dwg, it won't appear in the manage links. The way you are using the terms makes your questions confusing.

@dh930331 wrote:

- when I try to import CAD file, nothing happens.

First, it's not recommended to import a .dwg if linking will do. That is unless it is for specific purposes. The fact that nothing happens may point o a problem with the .dwg file but it's very hard to tell from your confusing explanation.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators