Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link in IFC's with distant extents?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
viktor.isakssonZ6ENM
338 Views, 3 Replies

Link in IFC's with distant extents?

Greetings
I am trying to link IFC-files with different coordinate systems into revit. One portion of the IFC's adhere to the local project base point so they link in just fine. Then another portion of the files use the Swedish national coordinate system.

Does anyone of you know how to link in IFC's with a distant, non-local basepoint? Thank you heaps.

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

You got me scratching my head here.  What do you mean by "distant, non-local basepoint"?  

Message 3 of 4

In the project we use a local base-point that we have created for ourselves (aproximately 1 km from the geometry being designed because of the magnitude of the project). The local basepoint makes it possible to link DWG's and IFC's into the project without facing the lcassical "the geometry has extents greater than 1E9" which causes severe representational errors with wobbly lines that shake when panning through the model.

This local basepoint has a static relation to the Swedish coordinate system which is hundreds of km away.

If we link in a file that has the real basepoint according to our national system (SWEREF 99) we always face the before mentioned graphical errors.

Message 4 of 4

You say: "In the project we use a local base-point that we have created for ourselves"  which "makes it possible to link DWG's and IFC's into the project".  Please explain how you do this.  It sounds fascinating. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report