Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link 2020.1 model to 2020.2.3 model

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
cholden
551 Views, 3 Replies

Link 2020.1 model to 2020.2.3 model

Honest question that I haven't been able to find a straight answer for: If my structural team is working in their model (Revit version 2020.2.3) and our architectural team is working in our model (Revit 2020.1) there shouldn't be any issues right? We've all always said everyone should be in the same version when working together in the same model, but does that rule apply to linked models? I've always defaulted to trying to get the whole team to upgrade together to the same point version as best practice, but it's getting harder to coordinate. I haven't found a straight answer which makes me think it's only critical when people are in the same model. I kinda feel silly that I haven't clarified this in my 13+ years of using the software. Any wisdom out there?

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: cholden

In this case, they should be identical build. 2020.1 and 2020.2 have major differences that required some corruption fixes. All teams should upgrade to match fixes in order to prevent corruption. 

Message 3 of 4
barthbradley
in reply to: cholden

FWIW: All our contracts specifically mention Build.  It absolutely can be a big deal.  

Message 4 of 4
cholden
in reply to: barthbradley

That's what I'd always assumed and have always been careful. It's just not easy to find documentation for it. Thanks @Anonymous  and @barthbradley !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report