Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miter Mullions in Elevation?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
josh.hafel
1421 Views, 2 Replies

Miter Mullions in Elevation?

Is it possible to miter Vertical and Horizontal Border Mullions together in Revit? or does anybody know of a better way to achieve this? The curtain wall has a fin that is attached around the border of the system and it makes a continuous loop. I built the fin into the mullion's profile. Below are some sketches of what I am trying to achieve, I tried to make them as clear as possible so hopefully they make sense. Thanks for any help!

Annotation 2020-09-09 105129.jpgAnnotation 2020-09-09 104552.jpg

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
syman2000
in reply to: josh.hafel

Mullion is limited in terms of mitering the corner. So you may want to build in mullion extruded profile to the curtainwall panel.

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 3 of 3
lucdoucet_msdl
in reply to: josh.hafel

@josh.hafel 

@josh.hafel wrote:

Is it possible to miter Vertical and Horizontal Border Mullions together in Revit?

The short answer is no.

or does anybody know of a better way to achieve this?

The alternative is a single pane window unit (such as you are showing in the screen capture) would be better modeled as a window family. This would allow you the control over the graphic representation of the miter joint but will need to have multiple families depending on the number of internal mullions your project requires.

-luc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report