Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line weights Revit Link

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
386 Views, 8 Replies

Line weights Revit Link

Hello community, I have realised today that line weights on links governs over the host, it is totally ridículous! Have you come across this issue before and does anyone knows if autodesk is planning to fix this bug.
Many thanks in advance.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

I think that makes sense, in order to retain the graphical integrity of linked models.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

It does not make sense at all, we need to link different models from different consultants and we need to keep our graphic standards, I hope autodesk does something about it???
Message 4 of 9
chrisplyler

Autodesk hopes you check your Visibility Graphics setting dialog for a view after you link in another Revit model???

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-A39798E1-7567-40EC-9D52-77CDF1B0EA43

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks for your answer,of course we have modified the custom settings of the links however all line weights should be controlled by the host and not every link shows different line weights, by all means a bug!
Message 6 of 9
chrisplyler

Perhaps you have imported views from the linked-in file? For imported views, the "host" is still the linked file maybe?

I think the option described in the help file page will only have an effect when a linked file is displayed in a view that is native to the host file.

Maybe. I'm just guessing here.

Message 7 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: chrisplyler

I was thinking he talked about the inconsistency among disciplines regarding the 16 Line Weight definitions.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Hi Chrisplyler,we are not importing any views.
Again the problem described here is that line Weights within the link gobern over the host.
Let me give you an example if I have a structural model were we have walls,columns and floors and all of this categories have a section line number 3 which line weight is 1mm when I link this model into my project and my line weight number 3 is 0,5mm the sectioned elements from the link shows at 1mm instead of 0,5mm.
This is a real problem and should be fixed asap!!!
Message 9 of 9
chrisplyler

Yes, I do understand the problem you are describing, and agree that the functionality you seek should be available. I don't link in models from outside my own office, so I have not had the problem myself. I had assumed that the settings discussed previously would work, and am surprised to find out that they don't. They way the help file page describes the use of that setting indicates that it should do exactly what you are asking for.

Perhaps you will report the problem to Autodesk through your subscription account?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report