Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Weight Import

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
356 Views, 5 Replies

Line Weight Import

I was messing around with the Import lineweight for colors from AutoCad in the imports window. The values are defaulted at 0, however you cannot put 0 in the field. So when the value is zero what is the default lineweight? It does not appear that I can undo this as far as I can tell.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't understand how you have a 0 default.  What lineweight file are you using?

But the default is based on the source CAD. Typically 0.01 inches or 0.25 mm. 

Message 3 of 6
MostafaElashmawy

Would you please send screen shot?

Mostafa Elashmawy
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

The 0 values confuse me as well. The 1 in there is because I couldn't revert it. We don't have a lineweight file set up at the moment so I was going to create one after I figured out how it worked. Do I just need to create a dummy file for the time being to get them back to 0? Eventually I will go in and generate that lineweight mapping file, or find it if we have a file the ctb was based on buried somewhere.
lineweight help.JPG

Message 5 of 6
barthbradley

Why don't you just the import's Lineweights? Revit will bring them in along with the file. 

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

We use ctb files, so I would have to manually change the lineweights for each line, since the weight is only linked to the color for printing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report