Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learning to design interior layout

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
karigunn84
362 Views, 4 Replies

Learning to design interior layout

Hi team   

Looking for tools on learning how to do designing the interior layout of a double storey link house with a 3D layout:

1. Concept Development: How to develop a concept based on our input. This concept will include the overall theme, color scheme, furniture style, and other design elements.
  2. Space Planning: How to create a detailed layout for each floor of my double storey link house. This layout will determine the placement of furniture, electrical fixtures, and others design elements to ensure optimal functionality and aesthetics.

3. 3D Rendering: what software, which will create 3D renderings of the interior spaces. These 3D visuals will be able to provide a realistic view of how the furnished home will look, allowing me and my family to visualize the design better.

4. Material and Furniture Selection: With the concept and layout in place, how do we choose materials, finishes, and furniture that align with the design theme and my family preferences.
    Thank in advance

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: karigunn84

Learning to design spaces pertains to professional trades: architecture and interiors, not to software. It's not clear what exactly you are asking to this forum in your questions 1 and 2. 

About question 3: some popular rendering applications are: Twinmotion (included with latest versions of Revit), Enscape, and Lumion.

About question 4: the above mentioned tools provide a library of materials that you can assign to the elements of your model.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5
karigunn84

Hi Alfred

Noted for the information, will  try out the application.

Thanks again

Message 4 of 5
wisedrawing

The advantage with Revit is that you can throw walls into a floor plan without too much commitment. Place the floor locked to the walls, then you can set up some dimensions and move things around so that the spaces start to show up sizes that are practical; insert furniture (which is to scale) and place measurements from furniture to walls and doors, place door swings and move them as you see where they might interfer with flow.

Many professionals will start with a survey or other constraint to the external envelope of the building size and work in from there as normally its not a totally open ended floor size.

once you play around with the floor plans and furniture and measurements you can start to work out the rooms that can actually be placed with practical outcomes.

After this is all set up in draft form having the capacity to move and change walls and all the components of the building you can start to look more into details if you want to add more precise rendering or colours (per Alfredo advise)

Design fluidity is where Revit shines as its so fluid if you ensure you lock floors and roofs / ceiling to the walls as it moves with your amendments. Once I have produced drafts showing full 2D and 3D layouts, I engage the client for design meeting and come away with lots of changes, but its not hard to make apparently complex amendments throughout the design process.

Message 5 of 5
L.Maas

If the above is only for yourself and the family I would recommend to look for a simple to use and low cost program.
Have a look at software like https://www.sketchup.com. Maybe even some online programs will do like https://planner5d.com (no personal experience with this). Search the internet for something like "build your own house online" and you will find plenty more.

If you need to work with other (professionals) then you might need to look in other software. In that case you will have to take more into consideration (e.g. what do others use, training, budget, what kind of information is needed)

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report