Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landing

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
mphungDCHNW
1004 Views, 10 Replies

Landing

Landing.JPG

Hi,

I am trying to make landing height at fixed heights for my stairs does anyone know how to do that?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

I would make the landing out of a Floor set to a specific level, and then have the stair go it. 

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Message 3 of 11
ToanDN
in reply to: mphungDCHNW

If you mean the height at the bottom of stringers then you could calculate and set Structure Depth on Landing for Stringer type.  But that will affect all landings, or at least all landing of the same stair.  

If you mean the landing elevation itself then you can draw one stair with a top landing so that you can set the  specific height.  Then draw another stair from that landing going up.

ToanDN_0-1657295486005.png

Message 4 of 11
barthbradley
in reply to: mphungDCHNW

The Auto Landing created by Revit is based on the math that governs the Stair construction - specifically Riser height.  

Message 5 of 11

If I did it that way and did the stairs separate would it still look nice as apose of doing it with the stairs and landing at the same time ?

Message 6 of 11

and ounce I create the landing separate is there a fast way to make a stairs go up to the top of the landing instead since the landing isnt set a level ?

Message 7 of 11

You can still make it look nice, just have to play with it. You could also make the stair go to just a level, and even build the landing out of a generic model in-place, super thing floor to host railing, use structural, steel and etc... It depends on how detailed you would like to take it, I would just think of what you want your end result to look like and who will see it.

I know it's tough to join the dark side with these types work-arounds / fudging but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do lol...

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Message 8 of 11

Yes, you can set the top attachment of the stair to an unconnected height, and just specify the height. The same thing goes for the start of the stair, it can be offset from the level (for your second stair going up from the landing) Personally I would use levels, it will make life easier if you change the landing height - especially if you will have multiple stairs. You can always hide the unwanted level too

Message 9 of 11

Your suggestion is not a "work-around' or "fudging". It is exactly the proper way to model it if the landing is a fixed height.  

Message 10 of 11

Haha I see, it felt wrong but that makes sense. One man's floor could be another man's landing

Message 11 of 11

Actually, I think @ToanDN is on the right track as well. I see now that the OP has pulled a dimension to the bottom of the landing support - not the top of the landing.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report