Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label with spaces between parameters

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
Samuel_Mangiarelli
963 Views, 17 Replies

Label with spaces between parameters

I have created a text family that can be used in my company's projects, and I'd like to see if there's a way to add spaces in between the rows. I have tried to use another parameter to add a space between the rows, but it only works when there is something entered that defeats the purpose of the space. 

family with spaces.png

label with spaces.png

  

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Use individual labels, one for each parameter, instead of one tag with multiple parameters. Then arrange the labels vertically in the view with spaces in between as needed.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 18

The reason it is all in one label is because when I have them in separate labels, they end up overlapping each other when too much text is entered or they end up with massive spaces in between labels. I tried using dimensions to lock all the labels a certain distance from each other, but that did not work.

Message 4 of 18

Maybe you could widen the labels, so that a long sentence can be entered but still using one line of text.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 18

Yes, that might work, but more is needed to solve the problem of text overlapping. Also, specific parameters may only be filled out sometimes the family is used and the only way to get that not to leave spaces between the rows is to have it all in one label.

Message 6 of 18
ToanDN
in reply to: Samuel_Mangiarelli

Perhaps use Multiline text parameters.

Message 7 of 18
Samuel_Mangiarelli
in reply to: ToanDN

So I tried that and if nothing is entered the rest of the label moves upward. I've also tried using if/then parameters but that didn't work

Message 8 of 18

Yes, that might work, but it won't solve the problem of text overlapping if too much information is entered. Also, specific parameters may only be filled out sometimes the family is used and the only way to get that not to leave spaces between the rows is to have it all in one label.

Message 9 of 18

You could try to enter a line feed as suffix: ALT 010

To concatenate words, enter a no break space instead of a regular space: ALT 0160

Message 10 of 18

It worked. Thank you. I have been bashing my head against a wall, trying to figure this out for weeks.

Message 11 of 18

One question, though. How do I remove the spaces?

Message 12 of 18
Sahay_R
in reply to: Simon_Weel

@Simon_Weel @Samuel_Mangiarelli 

Translate your solution, please. Idiot proof directions. I am in the exact same place - unable to add spaces between my multiple-parameter label.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 13 of 18

Since it's a annotation family why try to force everything into a single label when multiple labels will allow you to create the separation more easily as well as font formatting differences if desired?

Steve Stafford
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
EESignature

Message 14 of 18
Sahay_R
in reply to: SteveKStafford

The really nice thing is - you can click and enter multiple values in a single dialog box. You don't have little bits and pieces straggling hither and thither, needing to be put in their places. It's an elegant solution except for this ONE little aspect.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite

Message 15 of 18
SteveKStafford
in reply to: Sahay_R

I see, well I happen to dislike that dialog box, it is formatted poorly and inefficient to move through, so I avoid it at all costs. 🙂

Steve Stafford
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
EESignature

Message 16 of 18
ToanDN

Add a prefix to each label.

Message 17 of 18
Sahay_R
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN 

Exactly where I am 

Sahay_R_0-1723061080879.png

I am following up on the marked solution in this thread. Though it is reputed to have worked, I cannot seem to make it work and am curious about what I may have missed.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite

Message 18 of 18
Sahay_R

OK - here's what was wrong at my end - laptop keyboard with NO number pad!!! Number pad is a non negotiable for this tip!

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report