Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard Shortcuts for a Sub-level Command

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Seychellian
477 Views, 2 Replies

Keyboard Shortcuts for a Sub-level Command

I am in the process of converting a lot of AutoCAD details to Revit linework and I am finding it laborious to have to take multiple steps to execute a command. For example I have a shortcut setup for Detail Line (DL) but Revit will seemingly always default to the 'straight line' option and I have to select any alternative linetype I want to use from the ribbon (with my mouse). This becomes really laborious and time consuming when you are doing a lot of linework. For example if you are doing a line with a variety of straight and curved sections you have to go back and forth with the mouse to the ribbon and change the selection for each section of the line.

I keep thinking that I am missing something.

Does anyone know if there is a way to use keyboard shortcuts more effectively so as to avoid this situation?

For example is there a way to assign a keyboard shortcut to a second or third level command i.e "Detail Line > Spline" or "Dimension > Angular > Center of Core?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
  • (
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
_Vijay
in reply to: Seychellian

I think unfortunately u need select the line individually if need to change the line type..

Message 3 of 3
Seychellian
in reply to: _Vijay

Thanks for your response. This sure makes drafting laborious in Revit. As someone who has never detailed in Revit before can it really compete with autocad at detailing? I have a feeling that I will end up exporting the Master drawings out to CAD and completing them in there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators