Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keeping room tag leader alignment when switching between types

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jagostinho74
1788 Views, 7 Replies

keeping room tag leader alignment when switching between types

hello,

I have been trying to see if I could get a Room Tag that would keep the leader alignment always orthogonal to the view when switching between types.

This would save a significant amount of time for the jobs in which the already placed tags need to be swapped so to show different room info. Whether it be for when the tags used for a particular view need to be changed or for when the views have been duplicated to start off a new drawing series and reusing the already placed tags.

While doing it, I have noticed that the leader reacts to the different types of contents of the tag family but was unable to understand it's underlying working so to ensure how the different bits of text need to be aligned.

Does anyone know the rules by which the tag leaders react to the different Tags' families' contents?

See video attached showing the behaviour as well as the Revit Family being used.

Thank you

Assistant BIM/CAD Manager

Manchester, UK

Labels (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
RobDraw
in reply to: jagostinho74

It's been a while since I've played around with this so my memory might be outdated if things have changed. 

The end at the tag targets the center of the objects. You might get what you want by centering everything. I've used invisible lines to control the target point with good results.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 8
jagostinho74
in reply to: RobDraw

hi @RobDraw ,

Thank you for your reply.

I tried that but it there is always some nudging to the leader while switching between types.

I am aware that I am being pedantic but I was also curious to what extent could this be set to work flawlessly.

Misalignment.gif

Manchester, UK

Message 4 of 8
RobDraw

I gave you two options. Using invisible lines might give you more predictable results than just trying to align the centers of the objects.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 5 of 8
jagostinho74
in reply to: RobDraw

I tried using an invisible line spanning through the max height for all tag types but it produced the same result quality as without it.

I do not want to add horizontal invisible lines because I would rather the leader extending all the way to meet the label text for each particular type.

Manchester, UK

Message 6 of 8
ToanDN

You need to box the labels in an invisible rectangle. Create instance parameters to control the dimensions of the box should you need to change (via different types) to size fit the labels content in project. The box should be center horizontally and vertically to the XY origin reference planes in the family.
Message 7 of 8
jagostinho74
in reply to: ToanDN

that's a good tip @ToanDN .

Will try that.

Thanks.

Manchester, UK

Message 8 of 8
jagostinho74

Hi @ToanDN ,

I tried the parametric box but it is still skewing the tag leader line. Did I miss something? 

See video and family attached.

Thank you

Manchester, UK

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report