Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with texture mapping on the back of a curved chair

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
drubinoff
649 Views, 5 Replies

Issue with texture mapping on the back of a curved chair

Hi,

I need to show a plaid finish on the back of a curved barrel chair. We imported the chair from 3ds Max into AutoCAD and then into a Revit family, I believe. We applied the material in the Revit family. When the plaid texture applied to the imported model appeared extremely distorted, we tried creating a "shroud" in the Revit family using a sweep. This helped, but the plaid comes in sections in various angles making it look like a vagabond's old sloppily patched shirt.

Does anyone know how to fix this so that the texture stays vertical?

We have been working on this rendering using the Revit Enscape add-in. 

Appreciatively,

Derek

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
barthbradley
in reply to: drubinoff

You can get a better surface through subtractive modeling (e.g. shaping a solid by cutting it with voids) but it ain't perfect either.  You are probably better off Photoshopping this in afterwards.  

Message 3 of 6
RDAOU

@drubinoff 

How is the imported DWG distorted? and what is wrong with applying material to the layers of the imported DWG under Object Styles/Imported Categories ??

If the mesh is bothering you or what is causing Enscape not to digest, you could

1. Either try to refine/smooth it before nesting into Revit family
  2. or instead of DWG take the 3DS to FBX then FBX into Revit

RDAOU_0-1640000697455.png

If you insist on Remodeling in Revit... Make the Path of the Sweep a SPLINE  instead of segmented...Then the Texture will come out as you intend it to look like...Vertical

Shroud.gif

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 4 of 6
drubinoff
in reply to: RDAOU

Hi, I’m just trying to get the plaid texture to be consistently vertical.
Message 5 of 6
RDAOU

@drubinoff 

See Edited reply... There is a GIF how to fix sweep to get vertical texture as well as a revised Revit Family

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 6 of 6
drubinoff
in reply to: RDAOU

Thank you! I have forwarded your reply to my colleague. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report