Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with sketchup to revit workflow, "too many edges" error bug

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
samkJ4MLL
874 Views, 1 Reply

Issue with sketchup to revit workflow, "too many edges" error bug

Hi all.

We are trying to perfect a workflow for our preliminary design phase where the 3d representation of the building is done in sketchup and then linked into an in place mass family, painted, and then elevated in Revit.

This all works great except that when reloading the same sketchup file (with minor tweaks) it gives the error "This family instance has too many edges.  Remove unnecessary geometry or split the instance into multiple instances."

The reason I think this is a bug is that it lets the sketchup model load the first time, then gives the error even if no edges have been added to the file.  The file in question only contains 149 edges, so this doesn't seem right to me.

I know that there are interoperability issues from time to time and that sketchup import is not particularly stable...  I'm hoping someone has encountered a fix for this particular issue as it is the only thing stopping us from using this workflow effectively.

Cheers,

Sam

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Same Problem here...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators