Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with In-Place Mass and Void Gemoetry

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
836 Views, 3 Replies

Issue with In-Place Mass and Void Gemoetry

I am creating a conceptual model of a building on Revit 2017. I have created the outermost geometry of the building and have successfully referenced the mass to reference planes. The reference planes are then dimensioned to the grid lines.

I then try to make cuts into certain parts of the building. My issue is that when I create void geometry and try to align the faces created by the void to the reference planes, only the edge of the face is aligned to the reference plane rather than the entire face. I am unable to select the face because the reference planes will not appear in a 3D view when working with the in-place mass. The model looks ok until I try to flex the mass using the reference planes. The movement of the planes creates canted walls rather than shifting the whole wall.

If anyone has a workaround or solution to this please help. It would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

-Dan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Don't use align. Create the void as a solid first, the use grip to drag its face to snap to the reference plane and lock it. Then change the solid to void.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

I was able to follow the first few steps. However, I am having trouble changing from the solid into a void. I selected the form and under the "Create Form" drop down I selected "Void Form". I get the error message in the picture below. Is this the wrong way to do it? Sorry, I don't have much experience with Revit.

Capture.PNG

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Ok. Figured it out. You can change it from the properties toolbar. It worked out. Thanks Toan.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators