Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there an easy and appropriate way to move entire project (building) close to Internal Origin

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
zhounnin
1919 Views, 26 Replies

is there an easy and appropriate way to move entire project (building) close to Internal Origin

i tried "Relocate Project", seems not work as expected, the reason is for BIM 360 (google) map location, seems the Revit project address will only respect Revit Internal Origin (not sure yet?), so correct project address doesn't necessarily mean correct BIM 360 (google) map location, maybe factory should clarify on this issue?! 

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
zhounnin
in reply to: barthbradley

cool, how do you get that dialog, i'm using Revit 2022 already.

Message 22 of 27
zhounnin
in reply to: barthbradley

cool, how do you get that dialog? i'm actually using Revit 2022, seems no such OOTB dialog box.

Message 23 of 27
barthbradley
in reply to: zhounnin

I'm pretty sure @ToanDN was joking. 

Coordinates are Acquired from a Geolocated CAD Link.  

About Using Grid Coordinates from a Linked DWG | Revit Products | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Message 24 of 27
RDAOU

@zhounnin wrote:

that's what factory (one of Forge development team) told me, but seems not always the case, especially when shared coordinates is used, hope anyone here or factory can verify it?!

@zhounnin 

The guys from Forge might have either misunderstood your query or assumed by default that you have the project location already defined. 

In Google similar to Bing and/or Openstreet you need to provide a bounding box or  geogrid for those application to translate the location of your Revit model from the Cartesian system to WGS. That is how you georeference a project, by locating its survey point with respect to a specific/recognizable location aka Address and not vice versa.  And you do the above, you do not need a CAD to acquire coordinates from ...Simply go to Site and Location and pick the nearest city to your project 

PS: You do not need to move the project closer to the IO (from what you described it seems fine as it is). Both survey point and Internal origin coordinates in Revit will not be affected but you will need to update the shared site between all links considering that the project location has changed

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 25 of 27
zhounnin
in reply to: RDAOU

thanks RDAOU for the insight.

in fact, my Revit project location is defined correctly,  i did another test, seems survey point DOES affect the project location in google map, my test as below:

1) same Forge app

2) same Revit project location

3) old RVT w/ Survey Point at N/S 832367930.5 and E/W 816832399.3 -> project building will be "floated" on ocean in google map

4) new RVT w/ Survey Point reset to N/S 0.0 and E/W 0.0 -> project building will be located correctly in google map

i need to ask Forge development again.

Message 26 of 27
RDAOU

@zhounnin 

The values/units you listed for the N/E coordinates of the survey point are with respect to WCS...how does your app in FOrge handle the conversion from WCS to WGS-8?

The way it seems, you are taking coordinates from one system and using them without conversion in another system... If I would do the same in Dynamo, I would take the coordinated of the SP/PBP and translate those to the relevant WGS of my location then use these values and not those you read in the model

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 27 of 27
zhounnin
in reply to: RDAOU

thanks RDAOU, i filed the Forge support to see how to solve this issue, looks like their Forge google map extension (default) reads survey point.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators