Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to split a sloped floor to retain slope?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
a00812364
2152 Views, 9 Replies

Is it possible to split a sloped floor to retain slope?

Hello, 

Wondering if the following is possible.

Question:

Is it possible to split a multi-sloped floor (parking slab floor drainage), so that the slope information is retained?

Actions Thus Far:

If I copy/paste floor to same place, and adjust the boundary lines to split the floor in to two, the sub-elements will adjust to the new corners and change the slopes.

If I add points along the intended boundary line (to try and give new sub-element points), and do the above, the added sub-element points will be deleted and the same result occurs. 

Context:

I'd like to try modeling a parking slab that keeps the same thickness throughout the slope, and is sloped at multiple points of the slab towards a floor drain. The parking slab was originally 8", and I'd like to 'split' it in to two slabs (one at 10", the other at 24"), while maintaining the slopes. 

Variable floor thickness (from floor type properties) and create/divide parts doesn't get me the results I'm looking for.

Attachments:

Screenshot, yellow highlight shows edge of slab, green outline shows line of split.

Give me a heads up if this is a super strange case, and I'm barking up the wrong tree.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ToanDN
in reply to: a00812364

Keep it as one floor and use a vertical opening cut to cut out what you don't need.
Message 3 of 10
barthbradley

Cut the Floor with an In-Place Void instead.  

SF.png

Message 4 of 10

1- Copy paste the slab in same place.

2- use a vertical opening to cut part of the 1st slab.

Use another vertical opening to cut the other part from  the other slab.

Hope my description is clear.

It's similar to your approach but instead of changing the floor boundaries, use a floor opening. 

Mostafa Elashmawy
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
ToanDN
in reply to: MostafaElashmawy

Not understanding the copy paste exercise. It is not needed.  A single floor can be splitted to several pieces using vertical cut opening.

Annotation 2020-01-03 135635.jpg

Message 6 of 10
MostafaElashmawy
in reply to: ToanDN

He need to split his current slab into two slabs and assign different thickness to each of them. 

Mostafa Elashmawy
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
barthbradley

Message 8 of 10

He made one floor representing some area with slope, but this area have two types of floors. With different thickness but with same slope.

Think about the pavement and the roadway,

Both are sloped in sameway but one is thicker.

Mostafa Elashmawy

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
a00812364
in reply to: barthbradley

The thicker slab is acting as a transfer slab. 

I appreciate everyone's input, I should have enough to figure out where to go from here.

Message 10 of 10
martijn_pater

Just place or copy/paste your slope arrow in same position for both/all floors.

Edit:ow, in case you want to retain a variable floor thickness on different floor type perhaps you can try to take the floor and create an in-place void cut in temporary phase for the other floor part (create/demolish in same phase), Revit will then create an infill floor with same variable heights, replace the infill floor with your different floor type, possibly w. air layer (same thickness). That might work...

But I guess option solution post #4 is elegant enough:)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report