Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid formula error in simple formula

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
4490 Views, 4 Replies

Invalid formula error in simple formula

I want to calculate the number of multi-circuit wires needed to carry a number of circuits. I have attached a snip of the problem that occurs. I've declared the (shared) parameters as Number and Instance, simplified by omitting Roundup, which has to be there for the result to be real-world, thinking that was the issue (I'm not sure if Integers can co-exist with numbers, even using Roundup), and copy and pasted the text to avoid spelling mistakes, but it still doesn't work.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BIMAbhi
in reply to: Anonymous

1. First you can check with opening a fresh file.
  2. Add your required parameter (i.e. a, b, c)
  3. Type  a/b in the formula tab in  c parameter

Check the attached snap file

Thanks & Regards
BIMAbhi
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous

This seems to address your issue.

Issue

When editing the formula for a parameter within the Revit® Family Types dialog, the error "Invalid formula found…" is received.

Cause

The specified Family Type, is dividing by zero.

Solution

Select the Family Type from the Family Types dialog, and modify the parameters or formula to avoid dividing by zero.

See Also

Creating Family Parameters
Creating Loadable Families

Let me know how it goes.

Best regards.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Hi all;

I also posted this problem on an independent Revit forum. A member there came up with what turned out to be the solution.

I had to check the formula in each type to ensure no type might wind up dividing by zero, so all occurences of the divisor had to be explicitly non-zero, which involved flipping throught the types to change and confirm. A non-value was not acceptable. I set them all to one. Then, the formula worked fine. 

Thanks for working on my problem.

Dave

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

hi dear all

i have problem with formula , please help me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report