Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INTEGRATION OF REVIT INTO FIRE DYNAMICS SIMULATOR

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
4738 Views, 3 Replies

INTEGRATION OF REVIT INTO FIRE DYNAMICS SIMULATOR

We use the Fire Dynamics Simulator (FDS) and Smoke View, 3D modeling tools, published by NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) in our work as a forensics organisation. We currently import AutoCAD data into FDS using DXF files. We're currently using Revit in some of our applications and would like to be able import DWF files directly into FDS. Does anyone have specific knowledge of 1) is this possible and 2) if so, how?

Thanks,
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Oh, am in the same case.... did you solve the integration of DWF files into FDS? Thanks!
Message 3 of 4
dylankenneally
in reply to: Anonymous

Project Scorch is now available for this very purpose. It's a free Autodesk technology preview that allows you to bring your CAD geometry in and run the FDS solver in a unified pre and post processing environment.

You can find Project Scorch here: https://beta.autodesk.com/callout/?callid=918F56ECC9684EC284991E1E1EBDA49F - we'd love to hear your feedback on this (there are feedback forums on the Project Scorch page).

Thanks,

Dylan Kenneally

Principal Engineer, Autodesk Simulation

Message 4 of 4

Hi, thanks for the response, Sorry if I dint get it, but, the question is can we import RVT (Revit Architectural model) into the NIST FDS model to get the smoke view and smoke exhaust results? if not .RVT directly to FDS, is there any add-on software to convert .RVT to other format which FDS supports? I dont want to link CAD geometry as my CAD is in only 2-D, not 3-D. just thinking, can we convert Revit 3-D to CAD 3-D and consider that CAD 3-D to FDS?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report