Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instance parameters in schedules

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
NP---MD
598 Views, 3 Replies

Instance parameters in schedules

Hello, 

I have an assembly of curtain walls and curtain wall panels. There are a bunch of different curtain wall panel families. These families have a combination of type and instance parameters. The problem I now have is that I need to isolate and group every single unique family in this model. Basically I need Revit to differentiate between families of the same type who's instance param's vary in a schedule. Is this possible? Otherwise I'll need to embark on a process of converting all the instance param's back into to type param's and create many many more types in the model - something I'd love to avoid if possible! 

Massively appreciate any help here! 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
martijn_pater
in reply to: NP---MD
Message 3 of 4
NP---MD

Ah, I'm not! I'll look into the implicaitons of switching to these! Many thanks for the pointer! 

Message 4 of 4
RDAOU

@NP---MD 

You can use View Filter. (Ex: make all panels which meet a certain criteria invisible - keeping the ones you want to isolate Visible) SEE LINK HERE

If the parameters you are referring to are the Curtain wall OOTB Type & Instance parameter then you shouldn't need any new parameters...Otherwise project parameters should do. (Shared Parameters would be useful in case of tagging)

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report