Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect dimensions displayed

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ncoutts
234 Views, 4 Replies

Incorrect dimensions displayed

Hi All,

I have just noticed that some dimensions are reporting inaccurately in revit, and I can't think why this would be. Please see example below - the smaller dimensions are exactly as I would expect them, as this is what I have drawn. But when I go to do an overall dimension of the wall (using the exact same dimension type), it does not add up correctly? I have also tied using other dimension types, same problem. 

I am using Revit 2020, and am on the latest update. any advice gratefully received. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
apjones
in reply to: ncoutts

Most likely caused by cumulative error.  Check the accuracy of your dimensions and set them to the smallest increment you can.  Your actual dimension may be "13.005673" and only shows as "13".  If you have enough error in the file, it will start affecting the overall dimension.

Pete

>Please Accept as Solution and give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
barthbradley

What's the units rounding/precision?   I understand the subsequent point about "cumulative", but are you rounding to the nth degree?  

Message 4 of 5
Mike.FORM

That is a bit strange as 3+3+13+13+10+100+70 = 212 and even if all those numbers were 0.5 lower (2.5+2.5+12.5+12.5+9.5+99.5+69.5) it would total to 208.5 which is quite a bit different than your 201 shown.

If you draw detail lines aligned to the all the places you are measuring to and then dimensioning those lines does it get the same result?

Also I can see that your top dimension reading 13 is using a different dimension type as it has diagonal ticks instead of the small arrow ones that all the others have.

Message 5 of 5
Mike.FORM

The other issue might be that one or more of your dimensions is overridden using the insert unicode control character trick (Unit Separator) and then typing the dimension so that you get around the requirement to have text if you use the Replace with Text option.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators