Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent Railing Visibility in Plan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
zeviW4AYU
317 Views, 2 Replies

Inconsistent Railing Visibility in Plan

Hi, I'm having an issue where whenever a railing makes a vertical change in direction, that spot shows up grey in plan. Overriding the available projection/surface patterns (rails, balusters, etc.) doesn't change anything, and neither does changing the material foreground/background patterns to match each other. 

See attached for a sample showing a variety of conditions. I've only noticed it happening where the rail makes a vertical bend. So on the guardrail on the left it only changes on the end, because the last baluster is a rail extension to the floor, but on the other two railings you can see that it also shows grey wherever it bends to match the stair. All of the railing types are utilizing the "Top Rail" part of the railing family construction, not the "Rail Structure (Non-Continuous)" option.

It's happening at a variety of scales, and I think all our drawings are at fine detail level. Preliminary tests indicate that the issue persists at coarse & medium as well, though. 

Any help would really be appreciated!

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TripleM-Dev.net
in reply to: zeviW4AYU

Hi @zeviW4AYU ,

Can you share a project file with these railings?

I also see some missing plates of the railings, maybe different post families with floorplan visibilty turned off....

Message 3 of 3
zeviW4AYU
in reply to: TripleM-Dev.net

Hi @TripleM-Dev.net ,

Thanks for your reply, and sorry I never got back. I moved around to another project and forgot about this...

It was a low priority issue to start with, and we're far enough along that it's no longer a concern.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators