Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In-place mass don't room bounding

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
murodesign
225 Views, 4 Replies

In-place mass don't room bounding

I'd really like help with the following: I modeled existing irregular stone walls with in-place mass. And now the areas/rooms don't work, probably because Revit doesn't recognize them as room bounding elements. Is there any solution, to obtain areas and volumes like with wall tool? Because... lot of work already done...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Room boundary lines, or make sure that all walls have the room boundaries parameter checked on 

Message 3 of 5

Thanks, but the question is that i don't have walls. I thought create a room bounding parameter in the mass objects, but didn't see how.  I'm not any expert, though...
Although separations lines did work, it sounds unproductive picking the same lines each time i need interact with these "walls"...

Message 4 of 5

you have an unique type of wall, maybe it works if you Create In place walls

vitorbortoncello_0-1713800206172.png

for more info:

https://help.autodesk.com/view/RVTLT/2022/ENU/?guid=GUID-76C3DD1C-AF0F-4132-84F0-04B989B5A6F2

Message 5 of 5

Thanks, i thought use in-place with wall category, and i'm a beginner with mass, but i finded this tool more versatile, reference points are very useful. Maybe the result don't difer too much, but i think was faster. Maybe model it all again will take more time than creating separation room lines. But sure i'll consider next time, while don't figure out a way of make mass room bounding.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators