Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In a curved curtain wall with several arc segments is it possible to subdivide the whole length in panels of same with?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
infoWBN4V
557 Views, 8 Replies

In a curved curtain wall with several arc segments is it possible to subdivide the whole length in panels of same with?

Hi everyone.

I am working on a curtain wall that has a several tangent curved segments.

For now I am controlling each curved segment separately, subdividing each of them in a number of segments that gives similar panel widths for each segment. I cannot use the Fixed panel numbers because each arc segment has its own length which is not a multiple of the panel width.

What I want to achieve is to work in a way that I can treat the whole curved line, with all its segments as a single curtain system so that I can subdivide it in a fixed number of panels, each of them with the same length, no matter where these panels get distributed in each arc segment.

Is this possible?

I am attaching a floor plan.

Thanks so much.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Pshupe
in reply to: infoWBN4V

Have you tried a Conceptual Mass using a Curtain Wall System?  That way you can create the whole curve as a single face and apply the CW system as a single unit.

Regards Peter.

Message 3 of 9
barthbradley

I think your best option would be to do those panel the way I suggested initially.  As actual panels that have a rotation parameter.  How many panels do you have? Betcha it would be easier to manually input each panel's rotation angle than it would be to solve for to this.   

Message 4 of 9
ToanDN

Model the curve as a mass > divide the surface > set U or V to Maximum or Minimum distance depends on your design criteria, then assign a pattern based curtain panel to the divided surface, or an Adaptive family + repeater to the divided surface.

ToanDN_0-1658937400422.png

Message 5 of 9
infoWBN4V
in reply to: Pshupe

Thanks for you reply.
I will definitely try that. One question, though?
Once I create a wall from face, the wall does not follow the Mass right?
So, in case the curvature of the curtain wall changes, and I change the
mass, I have to remake the curtain wall,right?
Thanks again.
Message 6 of 9
infoWBN4V
in reply to: barthbradley

Thanks Bradley.
Well I guess that even if it's the same curtain wall than in previous
posts, the question was different now. In the actual solution the panels
does not measure the same because I subdivide each arc segment. Now I need
them to measure the same in the whole length, with all the arc segments
together.
The issue of the rotation was solved. In any case, thanks.
Message 7 of 9
ToanDN

@infoWBN4V wrote:
Thanks for you reply.
I will definitely try that. One question, though?
Once I create a wall from face, the wall does not follow the Mass right?
So, in case the curvature of the curtain wall changes, and I change the
mass, I have to remake the curtain wall,right?
Thanks again.

You can update the wall when the mass change with a button.

Message 8 of 9
Pshupe

If you change the mass you can update the face to the new mass shape.  When you select the curtain system there will be a button that says "update to face".  This will automatically adjust the curtain wall system to the updated shape of the mass face.

Regards Peter.

Message 9 of 9
infoWBN4V
in reply to: Pshupe

Awesome.
I'll try that

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report