Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMPORT BENTLEY MODEL IN REVIT

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
4013 Views, 6 Replies

IMPORT BENTLEY MODEL IN REVIT

Hello Revit Gurus!!!

I need to import a 3DModel built in Bentley and make use of it within Revit, what I mean by that be able to select objects by categories, etc...

I am aware that there is a plug-in to export the Revit i-model to Bentley but is there anything similar to do the same from Bentley to Revit.

I am trying to use IFCs but I am not sure if these are going to work nicely within Revit.

Any thoughts???

Many thanks!!!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hweyland
in reply to: Anonymous

try to export in Micristation as  IFC

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: hweyland

Yes I did

The main problem apparently is the mapping settings on Bentley.

Let me explain my self I need the same categories in bentley in Revit, I mean walls in Bentley walls in Revit, windows in bentley windows in revit, etc...
At the moment the model that we have has 4500 elems all of the Generic model model in place,and some of the objects are missing,.. And there are not types all of them are instances!!!
Yes Madness!
I do not know if bentley is capable of doing that exercise, but it should, otherwise IFC files are useless.
Manythanks for your efforts!!!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

HEllo,did you finally find any solution on that? 

Message 5 of 7
docsimba19AP6GP

I am looking for the same solution. When someone figures it out please let us know and place the solution within this thread. Thanks

Message 6 of 7
hweyland
in reply to: docsimba19AP6GP

try to open the dgn in rhino

and then with rhino inside to revit

Message 7 of 7
docsimba19AP6GP

"then with rhino inside to revit," is that import to revit? And thanks for your timely reply. You don't need to reply to this thread. I believe I am aware of what you meant. Thanks Again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators