Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFC objects are shown as lines in floor plan

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
flugassy
212 Views, 5 Replies

IFC objects are shown as lines in floor plan

Hi,

I've linked an IFC model in a Revit project and some elements are shown as lines in floor views but are shown correctly  in Section Views or 3D Views.

I've checked all visibility options, phase filters, etc... but can't find what the problem is.

The elements are custom made Revit families (speciality equipment) exported to IFC as IFCTransportElement Class.

I am using Revit 2021. Attached some pictures.

Thank you for the help.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
azad.Nanva
in reply to: flugassy

Try to open the IFC in Revit and Save it like a revit file, then use revit link instead of IFC link.

azadNanva_0-1718796865974.png

this is the best way to use IFC.

Message 3 of 6
barthbradley

View Range? View Detail Level?  

Go through this list of 33:

Missing Something in a Revit View? 33 Steps to Find Stuff | Ideate Inc

Message 4 of 6
flugassy
in reply to: azad.Nanva

It works indeed, thanks.

But I'm not convinced this should be the correct workflow. Isn't IFC supposed to be an exchange format and used to create federated model?

In my case, this IFC is supposed to be integrated in a federated model managed by an external company. What if the required exchange format is IFC?

I have found this topic in another Autodesk Forum, with a similar problem, and it seems to be a software problem, but there is no further explanation.

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Elements-from-IFC-...

Message 5 of 6
flugassy
in reply to: barthbradley

I've checked all visibility options but no success. Nothing is hidden, I've tried all detail levels, range views, etc..
I don't think it's a visibility issue.
Thanks!
Message 6 of 6
azad.Nanva

you 're welcome Isn't IFC supposed to be an exchange format and used to create federated model? if it works well.
I think this is not going bad, if you don't have another way to fix the problem.

Indeed the IFC is not complete and that have many many problem and that is the last thing that may i want to use it.but i have to, like every one else.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report