Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

colours of flanges

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
philsogood
455 Views, 8 Replies

colours of flanges

hi

i know that this topic should be in MEP but, in my mind, it's talking about families and how they work

do you know how we can colorize the flange of a family in the same colour of the system?

the family of a valve, filter.... has flanges at theirs ends but this linked family doesn"t colorize : why?

Phil

brides.png

PS : i realised it after i insert the picture : the 3 ways valve in darker blue(top left of the picture) has its connectors (linked families) which get the system colour!!!! why???

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jay_colcombe
in reply to: philsogood

A couple of areas to check.

First, are the pipe connector within your family correct? When you placed the connector which system classification did you select? (See attached fitting image for information). 

Second, do you have the piping system types within your project setup? If you have something which is assigned to say Domestic Cold Water and you attached it Fire Protection Dry it will give you incorrect information.

I hope the above makes sense and helps. 

Fitting.png

This thread has lots of solutions which are applicable top your question.

Solved: Pipes connection, fittings change colour? - Autodesk Community - Revit Products

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 9
philsogood

hi

the connector is, in my mind, the wrong way...

see below an example of a 3 ways valve whixh works and a shock abs=orber with flange which doesn't work...

Phil

Message 4 of 9
philsogood

hi

sorry for the period.... but the problem is still the same.

i realised that the connectors of the nested families are still actives on the family

when I insert the valve with flanges, everything is grey but if i connect (after I inserted the family) the pipe on the flange(nested)  the flange takes the colour of the system.... but it would need to reconnect all the flanges after i had inserted the flanged valve.... not so much time earned... in the end the nested valve will still be grey, impossible to give it the colour of the system...

this issue is avalaible  only when the nested families are shared, if the flanged weren't shared there will be no problem... but unsahred flanges is, i my mind, useless!

Phil

Message 5 of 9
philsogood

perfect example

on top, shared families ; on bottom (yellow), not shared families

valve example.png

Message 6 of 9
philsogood

@iainsavageif you're walking along this thread... 😉

Message 7 of 9
iainsavage

Thanks for the shout out - if you had posted in the MEP forum you would probably have the answer by now.

Nested families e.g. nested flanges in a valve family don't take on the system properties so you need to use a view filter to apply colour to them.

See this link and kudos to @fabiosato for providing me with the answer in that post:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-mep-forum/fitting-edge-color-problem/m-p/9724866

Message 8 of 9
iainsavage
in reply to: iainsavage

As you can see, nested flange has no system so will not take on system graphics overrides:

iainsavage_0-1718643079844.png

Message 9 of 9
philsogood
in reply to: iainsavage

Hi

so how can I give system to flanges? to valves?😕

i can't believe that nesteing (shared) flanges is impossible...

Phil

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators