Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFC exported from Tekla when bind/link in Revit, creates duplicate elements

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
d.groeneveld
727 Views, 6 Replies

IFC exported from Tekla when bind/link in Revit, creates duplicate elements

Dear revit users,

We have a problem when importing a Tekla IFC in Revit (2022)

IFC exported from Tekla when bind/link in Revit, creates duplicate elements. One of them is "steel", the otherone is a generic model. In a ifc viewer there are no duplicates. and when just openend in revit its ok to.

I found this, but there is no answer: 

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/IFC-when-brought-f...

Does anyone else have this issue?

The IFC is in the rar file. because i cant upload IFC files.

Labels (4)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
LukaMoricBB
in reply to: d.groeneveld

Im having the same issue.

looks like it is not a bug, but a feature: No issue has been identified and the software is behaving as designed. 

It is working ok when you Open IFC through Revit, rather than link it. But it is much more cumbersome on my PC and I cant open an 80MB IFC. Looking for a solution to split the IFC, but without having to go to the engineer asking to split a 80MB IFC file for me... annoying

Message 3 of 7

Hi @d.groeneveld,

Actually the IFC's elements are 2 elements, a Assembly (container) and it's (nested) element inside.

Somehow Tekla exports all Elements as Assembly, Revit translates this to 2 seperate elements when linking.

Don't know if it's a Tekla export setting to prevent creating assemblies of all elements.....?

Solibri_Assembly_Column.png

This is similar to Revit export of stairs (and roofs/curtainwalls) they always come with Decomposed (nested elements) where the top elements acts as a Container (doesn't need to be a Assembly).

- Michel

Message 4 of 7
jsanders

Any updates on this ? Is there an export settings in TEKLA to stop Revit having to create duplicates of elements once "imported" into Revit ?

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Onward still he goes, Yet ne'er looks forward further than his nose ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Message 5 of 7

I figured out a workaround.  You can't stop the geometry showing up as both individual pieces AND assembly, but I used a view filter to at least remove the assemblies.  This is for SDS2 not Tekla, but I would imagine you could do something similar in Tekla.  Setup a filter similar to the below, and then set visibility to off.

hjohnsonMTYLU_0-1715638266521.png

Message 6 of 7
d.groeneveld

That you for your response.

I spoke with the constructor ho makes the ifc from Tekla. And he is going to check if there are any settings about “assemblys”. Maybe there is a checkkerbox to turn of. Also he is going to make contact with the helpdesk from Tekla. What are the best settings to export from Tekla to revit. If there is any update I will post it here.

Message 7 of 7
azad.Nanva

if you insert IFC links the Revit make a .rvt file with real element of IFC file.

azadNanva_1-1715672035700.png

this is your IFC links that revit make all element is double you can see in attached file.
I open the ifc in revit myself not link use the open-->IFC.
save the revit file and use the revit file as link, the problem solved.

azadNanva_0-1715671906853.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report