Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFC exported floorplan / footprint?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
KD.Schmidt
2298 Views, 8 Replies

IFC exported floorplan / footprint?

Hello there,

i was exporting a simple building structure to IFC, which always includes a floor plan. When i compare both floorplans (revit and ifc export) it differs by a lot (see screenshots).

I was trying to find the coresponding view in revit to edit it properly but i did not suceed to find the fitting one.

So my question is: How can I edit the setting of the exported floorplan to IFC or which view in Revit is the coresponding one? I used the standard architecture template.

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
L.Maas
in reply to: KD.Schmidt

It is not an easy answer. Creating proepr IFC dependent on quite some settings. It also depend on how your model is setup and whta kind of content you use.

Would it be possible to upload (small relevant part of) your proejct wswo we can have a look what you have?

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 9
_Vijay

Hope somehow it will help you.

Message 4 of 9
KD.Schmidt
in reply to: L.Maas

I deleted some rooms to make the model smaller. 

Hope one can figure it out like that. 

By the way Off-topic @L.Maas :

Did you achieve to troubleshoot the issue I had 2 weeks ago with the HVAC colour export from revit to ifc? I only managed to solve this within my ifc viewer and assign different colours to different categories. 

@_Vijay These mapping functions only apply to objects if im not mistaken? I did not manage to find an option to link a planview to such. I dont think thats possible.

Regards

Message 5 of 9
KD.Schmidt

@L.Maas 

Found anything to help me out on this one? 

I made some other attempts which all failed to change the outcome.

Regards

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Under you IFC Options, I believe there is a bunch of setting on lines. Run through those, make sure that revit lines like thin/wide and other linesstyles that have been used in families and settings, have a counterpart in the exported column.

This is a hard q to knock out of the park with no settings to infer from 😉 From how I understand your problem, this should be very much possible to do, as it is done by most companies who find the transition from acad to bim, very hard.

Message 7 of 9
KD.Schmidt
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the reply.

The issue is definately not the IFC export options as i have other files where the export of the 2D plan works properly into the ifc. As this is my first revit project started from scratch I could imagine that there is some setting to the planviews to be the one refered to a certain level but i could not find anything about it on the internet, nor did i find any option within revit to assign that. So my issue still remains sadly.

Message 8 of 9

Hi,

Maybe this helps...

Ifc's don't contain 'floorplans' also there's no Revit floorplan that gets exported.

Revit CAN use a floorplan to reduce the elements being exported (export only elements visible in view)

IFC_exportsetting.png

IFC viewers generally generate the "2D floorplan" themself from the geomtry in the IFC.

Maybe look into which levels are set as Buildingstory in the Revit project, at those/between levels the 2D floorplan normally gets generated by IFC viewers (I think).

- Michel

Message 9 of 9

Thank you for the suggestion.

I did already check that option. The corresponding level had been set correct already.

I kind of gave up on the manner and will just import PDFs of the floorplan and place it on the corresponding level. I think after trying for this long that this might be the best option for now for me. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators