Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFC export user defined pset: "Workset"

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
6658 Views, 10 Replies

IFC export user defined pset: "Workset"

Hi there,

When exporting an IFC from Revit with "Revit property sets" the Workset parameter is being exported divided by instance and type. I would like to export only the user defined workset on the instance. One solution is to create your own property set to export (user defines property sets). However then the workset is exported as an integer (as the datatype), how do I export the value as a string/text?

Best regards

Rikard M

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: Anonymous

If you install the IFC export add-in (2015, 2016, 2017), you should be able to modify the setup and edit the property sets file.

2016-06-17_1515.png

In the text file, you'll see that it's tab delimited and you should be able to edit as needed.

2016-06-17_1517.png

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I already set up my own pset file for exporting custom parameters, however when exporting the parameter Workset it becomes an Integer since its datatype is Integer. I wanted to know if there is any way i could export the parameter Workset as a text/string. The export setting "export revit property sets" does this under the hood. I've already tried to change the datatype in the pset file to text with no succéss.

The problem here is when exporting with the "Revit property sets" enabled the Workset of the object type (non user defined) is exported and sorted under object type, and the Workset of the instance (user defined) is exported and sorted under object instance. So far so good, but when listing(or using it for classifying the objects) the values of this parameter mixes up.

What I'm trying to do is to create my own pset file and exporting the Workset parameter of the Instance element (user defined) as displayed in Revit - as a text/string.

All the best

Rikard M

Message 4 of 11
Chris.Aquino

To help us get a better idea of how your pset file is setup, would it be possible to post a copy of it?

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

(just replied to this through my autodesk support case page)

Hello!

I've tried to explain what i mean my snapping some printscreens, hope they are clear. Problem im asking is what datatype i can use for exporting the parameter Workset as a string/text without using the option "Export revit property sets". Instead I want to export the parameter Workset on the instance using my own pset definition/textfile - and then not getting the value of the object type workset exported.

Explanation of the attached pictures:

IFC_worksetparamter_lookup: explains how I think the workset paramter of the instance works

IFC_ExportWorkset_RPSET_1: explains how "export revit property sets" exports the workset parameter

IFC_exportWorkset_RPSET_2: shows the workset parameters on the instance and the workset of the object type in revit IFC_exportWorkset_datatypes: shows the different results i get when exporting the workset parameter in different datatypes through my own pset file.

Thank you for your time!

All the best, Rikard M

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

One more picture!  : )

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Hi!

Did someone already managed tot get the ''Workset'' property working? In my Pset when i use text it dousnt show up in my IFC en when i use Integer the property shows up in my IFC but the vallue is 0,

Property in RevitProperty in RevitPsetPsetNot ''Wall Types'' but ''0''Not ''Wall Types'' but ''0''

Message 8 of 11
Rafal.Gaweda

Hi 

As of Revit 2021, 2022, 2023

Workset is exported in Identity Data :

RafalGaweda_3-1656676542980.png

or it can be exported by user defined property set :

RafalGaweda_2-1656676499618.png

Rafal Gaweda
Message 9 of 11
KozyrevYA

Hello, Rafal.Gaweda!

I have tried to do it as described by you and the name of the working set was not displayed. The data type I put "Text" instead of "Integer" for the parameter in the mapping file and it does not bring any results. Do you have any ideas why this is so?

I will be grateful for any help.

Message 10 of 11
r.demooij
in reply to: KozyrevYA

He, @KozyrevYA

I try'd the same, no results mapping the Workset value.

did u find a solution?

Kind regards,
Rick
Message 11 of 11
L.Maas
in reply to: r.demooij

Here an example with Revit 2022

LMaas_2-1679999138254.png

LMaas_1-1679999069222.png

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators