Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFC Export - Level override

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
maciej.rudecki
2895 Views, 8 Replies

IFC Export - Level override

Hi,

is there a possibility to override the value of the Level parameter while exporting to IFC? 
Revit exports all the Assemblies on the lowest level and I'm trying to find the solution for this.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
L.Maas
in reply to: maciej.rudecki

Can you share (part of) your project so we can see what you have?

Possible solution might be to create a parameter mapping file, where you map a different (new) parameter, with correct level info, to the proper IFC level.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 9
maciej.rudecki
in reply to: L.Maas

Hi,

I can't share the model but please look at the screenshots below.

1 - every wall, floor, ceiling etc is split to Parts and "grouped" using the "Create Assembly" tool. 

2 - (screenshots from the BimVision viewer) those Assemblies are placed on the lowest level - only the H_095 storey contains those "combined" elements.

Message 4 of 9
maciej.rudecki
in reply to: L.Maas

Hi, 

I used the parameter IfcSpatialContainer (value = level name).

Every Assembly in IFC format is now placed accordingly to their positon in Revit. 

Case closed.

Message 5 of 9

Hi, 

4 years later, and I still have the exact same problem as is stated above. Is there any news on this topic? 

The workflow you mentioned @maciej.rudecki with the ifcSpatialContainer works fine, but you still have to store the correct value of the building story in this parameter. I do this with dynamo now, and it works. But still, it seems quite basic to me that assemblies should be by default exported to the correct ifc building story, without any need to do this workaround. 

Message 6 of 9
r_vaghela
in reply to: maciej.rudecki

Hi,

We too have this problem, just in our case few elements in a same assembly their elevation levels are changing where as the Floor Level is same. i tried assigning IfcSpatialContainer to all the elements grouped in this assembly but didn't work. Any suggestion? (I have added Image of IFC and Revit model if it helps to understand this issue)

Message 7 of 9
rubenballegeer
in reply to: r_vaghela

Hi, you have to add the IfcSpatialContainer to the assembly itself, not to all the elements inside the assembly. Simply add the shared parameter to the assembly category and fill in the right values. This should work.
Message 8 of 9
r_vaghela
in reply to: rubenballegeer

Hi @rubenballegeer

Thank you for your prompt and quick reply. I did as you suggested and added IfcSpatialContainer to the assembly. yet after exporting to ifc it same issue as in pics above.
Am unable to identify the problem. any more suggestion?

Thank you.

Message 9 of 9

I have the same issue as @r_vaghela both in Revit 2022 and Revit 2023.

Any updates?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators