Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUGE BUG?! Views with same template are showing differently BUT print correctly

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
toneillC6YCH
1060 Views, 4 Replies

HUGE BUG?! Views with same template are showing differently BUT print correctly

HUGE BUG! fyi im using Revit 2019.2. The below is happening for 4 different staff members so its definately the file.

I have a sheet with a series of internal elevation views placed. All of these views use the SAME view template & were created using the same view type. Screenshots attached - this show 2 views on a sheet, same view type, same view template. Correct view shows as shaded and casework only shows door edges. Incorrect view shows as hidden lines and you can see the edges of every piece of the casework through the door. They are the same family in both views! Second screenshot also shows me pasting a casework family from a correct view...it now shows shaded but rest of view doesnt.

Now if I change the view template (say from hidden lines to shaded) some of the views will show as shaded and some will remain hidden line. However when I print, they will ALL show as shaded and print correctly. Additionally I have noticed that a family that appears in the correct & incorrect views will display differently in each. For instance, the casework will show ALL edges (even those of the shelving that should be behind a solid panel door) in the incorrect views but the correct views will just show the front elevation panel (as it should be).

Has anyone come across this? or found a way around the bug?

Heres some of the steps I have tried to get the views to start showing consistently:

1. Create a new view template from the views showing correctly and apply to the incorrect views (Still dont show).

2. Recreate elevation with same view type.

3. Recreate elevation with new view type (This will rectify the shaded/hidden lines style but the edges will still how)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: toneillC6YCH

@toneillC6YCH wrote:

HUGE BUG! ... its definately the file.

Post the "buggy" file. Let's have a look at it. 

Message 3 of 5
bahman.mokri
in reply to: toneillC6YCH

Check the Phasing. It should be in none in the view template.

Message 4 of 5

Curious if anyone has had anything similar to this happen or found a workaround? We're seeing pretty much the same thing in Revit 2022. Views with the same view template applied are displaying with extremely varied levels of the "ambient shadow",  the amount of shadowing completely changes across different views, sheets and plotted pdf's? 

Message 5 of 5
ghideg
in reply to: jkordelaH5FMG

Yep, in R21 I've got a 3d view where I've used a section box to give me a floor plan view so I can cast shadows. I locked the view and created a view template  to use in other projects. When I apply this view template to other projects with the same phasing, same lighting, same section box height, etc. I get drastically different view representation (realistic) in each project. It is ANNOYING to say the least! Addition of ambient shadows really throws it off. 

Not sure what the workaround is:/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators