Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to split floor in two separate floors

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
a.albarazi
4810 Views, 12 Replies

How to split floor in two separate floors

Hi,

I have a small problem that I couldn't find a solution for it.

I have a floor that needs to split it in many separated floors. I could have deleted it and recreate the floors, but I already started annotating the sections and the floor plans, and by deleting it, I will lose many hours of work.

Is there a way to split the floor, so that the annotation won't be affected?

Regards,

Abdal

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
ennujozlagam
in reply to: a.albarazi

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/split-a-floor-into-two-floors-surface-and-el...

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 13
amarkonathala

Yeah,

#1. u can add any element of category that join with floor for Ex: wall, Join the element and Hide it

amarkonathala_0-1617260616554.png

#2. Use Opening By face

amarkonathala_1-1617260776064.png

#3. Create a void Family

amarkonathala_2-1617261063923.png

Message 4 of 13

yeah. you can split the floor but still one entity? i don't agree your suggestion? if you read carefully the posted question he wants the floor to be separated maybe with different floor finishes and levels.. assuming. correct me if i'm  wrong and happy to be corrected. thanks

this is your family uploaded and i tried.

floor.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 13
ennujozlagam
in reply to: ennujozlagam

and your suggestion is not a solution to this issue..just saying thanks

Message 6 of 13

You are Correct @ennujozlagam 

I agree with u

Message 7 of 13

But we can create Copying the Floor at the same place using void Families we can seperate it ofcourse it will go litlle bit Confusion, For Splitting it into 2 floors it is good more than that its a issue!

amarkonathala_0-1617269316847.png

amarkonathala_1-1617269348044.png

amarkonathala_0-1617269758944.png

Message 8 of 13

this is what he wrote?

I could have deleted it and recreate the floors, but I already started annotating the sections and the floor plans, and by deleting it, I will lose many hours of work.

if you copying the floors all his works will be gone?

Message 9 of 13

we have to copy Annotations tooo with the floors

Message 10 of 13
barthbradley

I'm curious to know why you just don't use the Split Face tool on the Modify Tab?  You can then Use the Paint Tool to apply different Materials to each Face.  

Message 11 of 13

yeah we already done like that but for different floors it might be suggestions like that

Message 12 of 13

Are you the OP?  @a.albarazi ?  

Message 13 of 13

OP means?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report