Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move automatic cuts in floor or ceiling at the same time as an object?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
felipe_gonzalez-gil
354 Views, 4 Replies

How to move automatic cuts in floor or ceiling at the same time as an object?

Hi everyone,

I´m trying to reference the movemento from a cut on the floor with the movement from an object. Does anyone knows how to do it, to avoid always to modify the movement from the cut in the floor. Thanks

Screenshot 2023-09-20 105531.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

If this is based on a single family element then that void could become part of the component. If you are talking about a shaft then look at the Shaft Opening command utilizing the pick walls feature.  If this is just a bunch of elements then there isn't a great option for that.

Message 3 of 5

Well actually what I´m trying to do is find a way to do a trim with two floors, like the same cut option without the void extrusions. At the moment unsuccesful. Thanks anyway for the explain. 

Message 4 of 5

Not sure the circumstance here but you can model a single floor, create parts from that floor, Then you can divide the part which would involve a single division for both sides, then you can change the material on one of those parts.  I use this all the time for finish floors and it works well.  Just need the team to understand the views need to display parts in properties and that they aren't part of the floor category now the part category.

Message 5 of 5

@felipe_gonzalez-gil wrote:

Well actually what I´m trying to do is find a way to do a trim with two floors, like the same cut option without the void extrusions. At the moment unsuccesful. Thanks anyway for the explain. 

What do you mean by "a trim with two floors"?  Your screenshot shows a hole in the floor.  Do you want that hole move along with the kitchen?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report