Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to model a grating stair.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
narsimhamurthy21
450 Views, 4 Replies

How to model a grating stair.

How to model a grating stair as given below in Revit. how you model if you get a project that has this type stair.

narsimhamurthy21_5-1688994839262.png

narsimhamurthy21_3-1688994751211.png

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blank...
in reply to: narsimhamurthy21

This is one of those instances when you ask yourself, do I really need to model this?

At what scale are you presenting those drawings, what is the purpose? If we're talking "regular" architectural project, I wouldn't model that at all. Hatch pattern would do just fine.

If for whatever reason this really has to be modeled, I'd also like to know if there's a way to automatically embed this pattern in stair command (there isn't as far as I know). It would be painstakingly "model in place" and extrude away.

I wouldn't even do it in Revit, rather in something like 3dsmax or some other program which is designed for proper, high detail 3D modeling. Then import it in Revit if needed for dimensioning and annotation.

Message 3 of 5
narsimhamurthy21
in reply to: blank...

We are working for as built model client expecting this to be in the same category of the stair and they need to be modelled as its. we cannot use in place modelling tools like extrude etc, as client not agreed but this to be a stair. as we model other stairs just designing of the thread need to be changed for client. 

Message 4 of 5

You would need to do this as a modeled in place element and set the category to stairs.

Or you could create the treads as a family in the vertical circulation category and array the treads. For the stringers you could make a stair type that has no treads and no risers so you can set the stringers as needed and then host railings to the stringers.

Message 5 of 5

You could still use a normal stair, just change the tread material and apply a pattern and material to represent the grate.  I also did a custom tread so in section it looks like a grate, but that only works one direction.Grate Stair 0.pngGrate stair 1.pngGrate Stair 2.pngGrate Stair 3.pngGrate Stair 4.png

Grate Stair 5.png

Grate Stair 7.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators