Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to lock and parametric an angle to atwo reference "planes“ (not ref line or adaptive), nor at the baseline grid)

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
heichan88
611 Views, 6 Replies

how to lock and parametric an angle to atwo reference "planes“ (not ref line or adaptive), nor at the baseline grid)

Hello,

I need two  slopped reference "planes" at two locations with parametric angle (changeable) to place a model, (some like a slop with an object car thereon), 

--- I can only draw 2 vertical/horizontal ref planes to define the angle, then the angle reference line can only be locked to "baseline center",  and the other one cannot be locked

--- reference "line" is easy but cannot place an object on.

---- and I don't want adaptive family now to avoid complexity,

any advice on how to lock an angled reference Plane?

Thanks 

微信图片_20220110083833.png

微信图片_20220110090339.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
barthbradley
in reply to: heichan88

I has to be a Ref. Line.  Is the Family, that you are having trouble placing on it, Work Plane-Based and NOT Always Vertical?

Message 3 of 7
ToanDN

You CAN host elements on a ref line. Just tab on the line and choose the
plane of that line.
Message 4 of 7
heichan88
in reply to: ToanDN

Hello ToanDN and barthbradley

I untick the "work on work plan" and "always vertical", and also unable to pick reference line when "pick work plan".

See attached rfa.

Many Thanks

Message 5 of 7
barthbradley

Tick Work Plane-Based. 

WPB-2.png

WPB-1.png

Message 6 of 7
heichan88
in reply to: barthbradley

Hello  barthbradley

I have done by quite some compromises, such as make a model line family with a dummy box (to define the plane which reference plan in the hosted family unable to provide).... then donw.'

BTW the work plane of ref line is on Y axis, how can I rotate the plane to X? I found no "transform" or tab works in the family....

Thanks

微信图片_20220110132756.png

Message 7 of 7
ToanDN

Why would you untick Work Plane?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report