Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import anything a priori as hidden

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
617 Views, 12 Replies

How to import anything a priori as hidden

Hi people,

I would like to import DWG, modells and also new categories, which comes with newly added family, as hidden. Why? Because I have many drawings and I have to go in every sigle one and manually switch that off. Even with template, newly added things are a priori shown. So that doesn't help either.

I appreciate any help, thanks

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

Sounds like a View Template or View Filter is controlling visibility.  Have you checked that?  

This list might be useful to you in this case:  

https://www.ideateinc.com/blog/2013/01/missing-something-in-revit-view-33

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Thanks for answer. I know this list and it is not what I need. My question is opposite. There is no problem finding new things, problem is that they are visible. I need them invisible, right at the point of importing. Turning them off after is super time consuming.

Message 4 of 13
barthbradley

Same answer: View Template and/or Filter applied to View. 

@Anonymous wrote:

I need them invisible, right at the point of importing. Turning them off after is super time consuming.

But you need to see 'em to place 'em though.  Don't you?  Or, are you using the Braille Version of Revit?  😉

Message 5 of 13
barthbradley

@Anonymous wrote:

I need them invisible, right at the point of importing

Is this sentence worded correctly? 

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

Sorry, my mother language is not English. And for me that sentense is correct. Most important in contains the information that I need communicate.

Try it in your Revit. Make a template or filter. Use it on a drawing. Insert a dwg. Insert a new family with categiries, that are not already in Revit.

Can you see them in the drawing with the template? If yes, that is exactly what I don't want to.

I want that dwg to be inserted and also the visibilty of that dwg to be off. I don't need to place it manualy origin to origin is fine for me.

I don't have to place the object of the family, the categories (of that family) are added at the moment of loading the family in modell. With them I need the same thing as described above with dwg.

Last try. I send printscreens. I am using template. Those red higlighted are thing that I just added. And do you see that? They are visible, eventough I am using template. I DON'T WANT THEM VISIBLE, I WILL TURN THEM ON MYSELF. It means, they are turn on on every drawing. Is there some global setting, which makes every new imported thing automaticaly not visible?

Picture 1.PNGPicture 2.PNG

Message 7 of 13
barthbradley

CAD.png

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

Thank you for the patience and answers, but I thing it is not possible, that what I want.

I unchecked the box Show imported categories in this view. I deleted and inserted the dwg again. But down there at the dwg the check box is checked - automatically. That is the problem.

Picture 1.PNG

Message 9 of 13
barthbradley

So what if it's checked? It's not visible in the View regardless. 

Unchecking "Imported Categories" does exactly what you want. Makes "them invisible, right at the point of importing".

Now, you need to deal with this warning every time:

Warning Visibility.png

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

It is also checked in every other view. It is checked for every plan, section etc. So I don't see it in this view but  if I go to another plan I will find it there visible. I can unselect that option Show imported... in every viwe, but that is not useful also. And this option Show imported categories is missing in Model categories (it is not very helpful anyway, but closest to what I need). 

Message 11 of 13
barthbradley

Most people would NOT want "Show Imported Categories in this View" unchecked by default.  But hey; to each their own.

Create View Templates.  

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

Yeah exactly, most people don't want that 😀 . Unfortunately template dosn't help. When you import something, it is added to that template with visibility check box marked on (in every template).

Never mind, thank you for all the answers 😉

Message 13 of 13
barthbradley

The checkmark is ignored if "show imported categories in this view" is unchecked.  That's why it's grayed out.    

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report