Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix a panel from a curved Curtain wall when attaching both base and top to sloped reference planes, and one of the curved walls changes into a regular straight Panel?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Caed9
221 Views, 2 Replies

How to fix a panel from a curved Curtain wall when attaching both base and top to sloped reference planes, and one of the curved walls changes into a regular straight Panel?

This curtain wall has all the panels as walls cause thats the only way having them curved, and its top and base is attached to sloped reference planes. I get a huge error when attaching top and base to sloped reference planes. One of the panels reverts from being a wall to a Straight Panel and the curved Geometry is lost. When selecting the undesired panel, unclipping it and trying to change the family back to the glass wall family, Revit gives an error message.

Is there a way to fix it instead of manually drawing an alienated curved wall?

Screenshot (173).png

Screenshot 2023-02-14 020624.jpg

Besides that, when attaching its top/base, I get noticeable gaps between the vertical mullions and the panels, is there way to fix that. Or Am I better Off Just deleting all those nasty panels, and just creating the walls separate in those curved instances like in autocad hehe. 

Screenshot 2023-02-14 020122.jpg

Thanks in Advance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
barthbradley
in reply to: Caed9

What about modeling a curved Basic Wall using the Basic Wall Type that your Curtain Wall is using as a Panel. Then set the Curtain Wall's Curtain Panel to Empty System Panel.   

Message 3 of 3
Caed9
in reply to: barthbradley

Man! the only thing I was trying to avoid, Thanks for the response

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators