Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display Section Tag visibility regardless of the Plan view Phase?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Caed9
243 Views, 2 Replies

How to display Section Tag visibility regardless of the Plan view Phase?

Simple Question here, if I want a section tag to be shown through all of my plans, I must work and be locked into one phase?

I created a phases for:

1. Foundation
  2. Crucial Structure connected directly to the foundation
  3. Level 1
  4. Level 2
  5. level 3
  6. Roof.

And its very useful for isolating elements per phase on each plan, for example, in the foundation plan where visibility from closer levels like Level 1 can be removed easily. However, The section tags are not showing throughout all of the plan views. Like what is the point of all the fancy phasing if its limiting. Why do I have to pick only one phase for the Section tag to be shown.

Is there an option where I can set the section as a global tag regardless of the phase?

Could you please let me know if there is another options besides creating a new section that references other view for each plan. Cause the only solution I see is to set all of the sections at last phase (Roof) and create Referring sections all the way down per plan view phase.

Caed9_0-1672868858586.png

Whats the best way to work with phases? Cause I read on another Forum post that says its best only to use 3 phases, but then again, the  Default Revit project template include 5 phases for construction. 

And there is also this Table at the Phasing dialog box, but I'm not sure if I can fix all of it there.

Caed9_1-1672871598155.png

Tags (3)
Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ToanDN
in reply to: Caed9

Edit: never mind, you already knew it.

Place Section and tick Reference other view, the point to the Section view of a different phase.

Message 3 of 3
Caed9
in reply to: ToanDN

Yeah I'll just set all views at the final phase in order to see everything.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report