Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a metric library with the correct families within that library folder

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
337 Views, 5 Replies

How to create a metric library with the correct families within that library folder

Hi there

I am at the stage in a youtube tutorial where we are loading in families and I have noticed I have none. I have gone onto the Autodesk website and downloaded the Australian content from the 'library' but when I try to locate it in my project (importing a family) and they are not there? (My revit is up to date as well so everything should be fine)

In the tutorial I am watching, the tutor has a 'metric file' with all his families which I seem to not have a metric file even visible, nor can I find the Australian content I had downloaded. I have looked absolutely everywhere for help but there are no tips or answers. I have taken a few screenshots to show what I mean...

the image below is my screen
Screenshot 2024-07-12 141921.png

the image below is the screen of the tutorial i am watching where there is a metric library file
Screenshot 2024-07-12 142556.png

Hope to hear back soon 🙂
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
spm8C88E
in reply to: 103596560

Maybe you have already checked here:   https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Where-to-find-Revi...

All the content is there, but I would also add that there is a note about how to load families from the cloud in version of Revit after 2021. I've found this very helpful and easier than navigating through folders to find the families I need.

Message 3 of 6
in reply to: spm8C88E

Hi there! Thank you for your response 🙂

Is there anyway of downloading specific content (such a Australian) from the cloud?
Message 4 of 6
spm8C88E

You can select your language and region at the top of the window that opens

regions.PNG

Message 5 of 6
barthbradley

The Australian Content is in the Chris Hemsworth Folder. 

Australian Content2.png

😉

P.S. Look under "Libraries". 

Message 6 of 6
in reply to: spm8C88E

Amazing thank you! I think I was looking at tutorials and forums for the older revits without realising… whoops!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report