Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy annotations from parent view to callout?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Jsmy91
319 Views, 3 Replies

How to copy annotations from parent view to callout?

I have been looking for an answer for this but the only thing I got is like, "use dependant copies instead of callouts", then, why do I bother using callouts at all? 

I need to create callouts and even nested callouts with tons of annotations, elevatios, coordinates, detail items, regions, etc etc... But every time I create one callout I have to recreate them all from scratch because copy paste only works with some of them, but the ones with host are lost.

Jsmy91_0-1698176533247.png

If there isn't any way of doing this, well, it would be a great idea to implement the fact that if I have one plan and I draw a callout on it this one preserves the annotations from the main view!!! 

Thank you in advance!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: Jsmy91

Detailing and annotations are view dependent.  Callouts are not meant duplicate the same annotations already shown in the parent view, they are to create enlarged views to add further, more detailed information. 

If you want to repeat the same detailig from the parent to callouts then use Copy paste aligned to view.

If you want to not use copy paste then don't use detail elements, but model them, or at least, create model in place and draw details (filled regions, symbolic lines, etc...) in there.   Those will be treated as model and will show in callout views.

Message 3 of 4
Jsmy91
in reply to: ToanDN

Hello and thanks for replying.

I cant' use Copy paste aligned to view. because when I do all the spot elevations, or spot coordinates are lost speacially if they are positioned on an edge of an element for example the boundary of a floor.

Besides, if I have to change something it should be checked on every single view, but I get your answer, maybe the only way right now is to use dependant views

Message 4 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: Jsmy91

@Jsmy91 wrote:

Besides, if I have to change something it should be checked on every single view, but I get your answer, maybe the only way right now is to use dependant views

If this is the case then definitely use dependant views.  It is the only right tool for what you are doing.  Callout tool is not.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report