Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change the scale?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
597 Views, 1 Reply

how to change the scale?

hi everyone...

i m so confused! as per the file i have attached with this topic,
the green surface is a land of 350 acres! and i have to place those trees in proportion with the site! but i m not able to change the scale of the trees ..how do i do it?
as far as land is concerned, i imported a autocad 2006 block of contour map in centimeters unit...then i created the toposurface..my revit file project units are in centimetres..and my trees scale is in metres....
i m not able to import the contour block in meters unit...
please help me with this problem..
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you specify the units as Centimeters when you imported the survey file? The units of the Revit project will not change the physical size of objects because Revit understands real world size. We are the same height regardless of the tape measure we use right? So Revit is the same. AutoCAD however is ambiguous regarding real world size and depends on us to decide what a unit really is.

It all boils down to the real units that your civil file is using, make sure the units of the file are really CM and not Meters etc. Then import the dwg again choosing the correct units or just change the properties of the dwg you already have loaded via its Type Properties. Once the dwg is properly imported at the correct size, recreate your topography.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators