Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to bring Area Boundary lines to front

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
kgatzke
2713 Views, 6 Replies

how to bring Area Boundary lines to front

Area boundaries are visible in the view.  If I draw one across empty space I can see it.  But area boundaries aligned with walls are not visible.  The wall takes precedent and obscures the boundary line and there seems to be no way to bring the boundary line to the front, so to say.  Is there a way to fix this?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
barthbradley
in reply to: kgatzke

Change color? Turn Thin Line Off?  

Message 3 of 7
kgatzke
in reply to: barthbradley

The color's already different and the code area plans are 1/32" scale.  I can't see what I'm doing with Thin Lines turned off.  

Message 4 of 7
barthbradley

Turn on the interior Fill?  

Message 5 of 7
kgatzke

It is on but what good is it if the boundary is not already continuous?  I duplicated the view at a different scale so I could work with heavy lines on.  

Message 6 of 7
barthbradley

So you are trying to sketch the boundary and can't see the walls? Why not use Pick Lines? Or, temporarily use Wall Center and then change it back to Wall Finish when done? 

Message 7 of 7
kgatzke

I don't let Revit pick the boundaries because half the time it chooses the wrong side (because I didn't pick the right side when I created the walls) or it doesn't know to put the line on the back of the glass when we're over 50% glazed area, etc. 

Besides, walls are visible.  That's the problem.  Walls are drawn after boundary lines in whatever order Revit uses to draw what I see on screen.  My solution of creating a working view at a different scale is best because then I don't have to turn on the visibility of the boundary lines every time I edit them.  Don't know why I didn't think of that sooner. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators