Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How revert back setting to show the "auto rename corresponding view" dialog box?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
aaidinalimsyah
610 Views, 6 Replies

How revert back setting to show the "auto rename corresponding view" dialog box?

When i rename a Plan, revit then show a dialog asks if you want to rename the corresponding views. Usually i just manually respond yes/no, later i then decided to check the "Do not show me this message again." before click the "Yes" button and since then, everytime i rename a view plan, it automatically rename all the corresponding views, even when i work on another project. Is there a setting to revert this back since the confirmation box no longer shown up, and i don't want revit to Auto-rename the corresponding views anymore

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Message 3 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: aaidinalimsyah

Find this line in your c:\Users\{yourname}\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2022\Revit.ini file and delete it to reset.

"SuppressConfirmPlanViewRename"

Message 4 of 7

...as per the link I posted above:

• 0 = (default) Display a confirmation dialog. In the dialog, you can answer Yes or No. If you had earlier selected the option "Do not show me this message again," and now you want the confirmation dialog to display, set the value back to 0.
  • 6 = In the dialog, you selected the option "Do not show me this message again," and you selected Yes. Going forward, whenever you perform the same function, the dialog does not display, and Revit assumes a value of Yes.
  • 7 = In the dialog, you selected the option "Do not show me this message again," and you selected No. Going forward, whenever you perform the same function, the dialog does not display, and Revit assumes a value of No.

Message 5 of 7

...or, if you haven't customized the default INI, you could just close Revit, delete the INI file, and relaunch Revit. 

Message 6 of 7
aaidinalimsyah
in reply to: ToanDN

it worked, Thanks!

Message 7 of 7

@aaidinalimsyah wrote:

it worked, Thanks!

So, typing a "0" over the "7" was too much work, huh?  

Must be a generational thing. In the old days, we repaired things. Not like today where you just throw away stuff that ain't working.

Sad.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report