Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag Display - Trigger visibility of a nested annotation using a shared yes/no parameter

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
_deitch
148 Views, 2 Replies

Tag Display - Trigger visibility of a nested annotation using a shared yes/no parameter

I've added two shared parameters to rooms and I'm trying to update room tags to read them. These are yes/no instance parameters.

Here's what I'm trying to achieve:

• Nest annotation families inside the room tag family
  • Link the visibility of the nested annotation in the room tag to the properties of the tagged room.
    • Logically: IF New Parameter=Yes in room instance, Show graphic, otherwise do not show.

Is this even possible? Anyone have good strategies for this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ToanDN
in reply to: _deitch

A room parameter cannot control a visibility parameter, only the content of a label of the tag family.

What you can do is use a font with graphic characters for the label, add a calculated value parameter to the label and use a formula, example:

if (Room parameter, "😎", " ")

Message 3 of 3
_deitch
in reply to: _deitch

Unicode symbols! Knowing that, I can update my room tags to include the ":wheelchair_symbol:" and "🦻" characters in a larger font. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report