Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How mark inside and outside lights for rendering?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
394 Views, 2 Replies

How mark inside and outside lights for rendering?

Hello All,

I am rendering inside Revit 2020.2. I want to render only interior artificial lights; however, every time I do, I find that all or almost all external artificial lights are also rendered. The same thing happens when I want to render only exterior artificial lights.

FYI, I do choose either "Exterior: Artificial only" or "Interior: Artificial only" in the render dialogue.

Is there a setting or parameter that needs to be set either within or without the family so that Revit knows which lights are internal and which are external?

Thanks,

edsager

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

"Interior: Artificial" doesn't automatically turn off exterior lights.  Revit is good - but not that good.  You need to physically turn off (e.g. uncheck) the Artificial lights that you don't want to Render through Graphic Display Options.  

Art Lights.jpg

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Gotcha. Thank you.

I think it would be fairly simple to implement a family parameter which indicated whether the light was interior or exterior. The way it is now, why even list interior and exterior artificial lights as possibilities? Superfluous.

Again, thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report