Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you rotate the panic bar?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
652 Views, 5 Replies

How do you rotate the panic bar?

I'm trying to rotate the panic bar "door handle", and I get the error, "Can't rotate element into this position."

At some point it told me it can't change the elevation in relation to the ground.

But I have double doors with panic bars, and I need one to be facing one way, and the other the opposite direction.

There is no "flip" arrows, so I'm kind of at a loss for what to do, and I'm kind of a newbie as well.

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

Does not matter that you are a newbie, we all have been there.

For us to be able to help we should have a better understanding what you are working with.

So best would be to upload your family with the panic bars. Also mention which Revit version you are working with

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 6
SteveKStafford
in reply to: Anonymous

Where does the family you're using come from? Is it part of the door family or separate? The stock library has a hardware folder and includes a panic bar but it is "free floating". You have to place it and move into position, mirror will create the opposite version once you got one in the right place. If you're using stock door families then you'll be faced with a problem. The doors in plan view are open and there are no 3D panels to open or close so where are you going to place the panic bars? In the plan view they'll be sitting in empty space but they'll look correct in elevation views.

Alternatively you can edit the door family and nest the panic bar hardware but then you'll be confronted with other family editor issues (constraining them and determining when they should be visible) that you'll have to surmount as a newbie. 

Steve Stafford
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: SteveKStafford

Thank you, the mirror solution was what I needed. Sorry for the lack of specificity, but I was using the standard hardware family in the doors folder as you guessed.

Message 5 of 6
barthbradley
in reply to: L.Maas

@L.Maas wrote:

Does not matter that you are a newbie, we all have been there.

I still feel like a newbie.  The more I learn, the more I forget.  The other day I actually found a solution for my issue on RevitCity.  The solution was posted by ME years ago!!!   

Arrgh! 

Message 6 of 6
L.Maas
in reply to: barthbradley

😀

Reminds me of a rhyme we have here in the Netherlands.

The more I study, the more I know, The more I know the more I forget. The more I forget the less I know…..show why should I study?

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report