Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know I'm seeing the latest model from our consultants?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1660 Views, 8 Replies

How do I know I'm seeing the latest model from our consultants?

Hi everyone, it seems like there should be an easy answer to this, but I am having trouble understanding how to know that I'm seeing our consultant's latest published model in our architectural model. The information I'm seeing in Revit is confusing. More detail in the screencast. 

Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
RDAOU
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

If they are published workshared models linked from the cloud you should be able to see which version from the BIM360 browser DM

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

Hi Rdaou, thank you for the response. As you can see in my screencast, I can see the linked model, but it says "update available". How do I update the linked model on my machine? I pose the question in the screencast, and show where my confusion comes from.
Message 4 of 9
RDAOU

@Anonymous 

No screencast was attached...

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Well shoot, I wonder why it didn't attach the first time. Sorry about that. This link should work. 

Screencast - Consultant model 

Message 6 of 9
RDAOU

@Anonymous 

🙂k.now it is more clear what you are after... there are 2 versions of a model in the cloud

1. the Live Model
  2. and the Published by the/a team.

When it tells you that an Update is available, it means that your consultant has made modifications to THEIR live model synced but that was not yet published. Basically no one publish on a daily basis...it is either weekly or when a considerable change has been introduced and model ready to be shared.

• If you are linking the live model...simply ignore it
  • If you are linking the published/consumed model...you will have to wait for them to publish for your link to update...considering they are 3rd party/consultants I would assume this is the case (but again it depends how the Project Admin/BIM manager set up the project)

To see more how it works...open your architectural model...do whated pin something >> sync and close >> refresh the Doc screen and you will see that your arch model has that Update available...open it and go to collaborate tab and publish...go back to Home screen >> refresh ADocs and you will see that update available gone

Message 7 of 9
RDAOU

somehow the image attachment didn't upload with previous reply...(Option 2 - when your links are the consumed/published package of the consultant...this is what you as a project admin should see once you consume their latest published)

RDAOU_0-1630434926149.png

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks for the additional info. This article tells a lot about the different methods for linking. Unfortunately, I cannot tell which method was used for the initial setup (someone else in our office did that). Also, we don't have any "teams" set up, so that may be one of the sources of confusion. This makes me think the consultant model is live linked (as there is no "shared" or "consumed" path in the link path). 

benjamin9JHBP_0-1630443177347.png

I think I'm going to have to go old school and do some trial and error with the consultant, to investigate whether I'm seeing their latest changes or not. Thank you for the help though! 

Message 9 of 9
RDAOU

@Anonymous 

Usually when no one knows, it is most likely the live model linked directly ... users tend to do that when they are unaware of moderated/controlled work sharing. They use the cloud collaboration in a way similar to how they would do it on a local server. Firms which use moderated work-sharing/collaboration 99% of the time has a strict BIM implementation procedures so it wouldn't be possible that no one knows how the links were established 

(Note: the shared and consumed folder may be named anything and where the main model resides could be inaccessible/invisible to team members) You should  check on Design collaboration - if no Teams there => No packages to be consumed the first place => it is a live link and you OP is solved 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report