Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get beams to show?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
svalente9GJKH
300 Views, 2 Replies

How can I get beams to show?

I drew in a structural beam system but it just showing blank in floor plan. When I hover over it 

I do see dashed lines.

Detail level is set to fine and structural beams are set to on in vg, but beams (floor joists in the case)

won't show.  They do show in section.  Why might this be?

Also, how do I rotate the beam system?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ToanDN
in reply to: svalente9GJKH

@svalente9GJKH wrote:

I drew in a structural beam system but it just showing blank in floor plan. When I hover over it 

I do see dashed lines.

Detail level is set to fine and structural beams are set to on in vg, but beams (floor joists in the case)

won't show.  They do show in section.  Why might this be?

Also, how do I rotate the beam system?

Thank you

You need to assign a beam type to the system.  To rotate, edit the boundary, change Beam direction or draw it in the angle you want.  Also, you may need to lower the view range if the beam system is at or lower than the level.

ToanDN_0-1670964044196.png

ToanDN_0-1670964110948.png

Message 3 of 3
BDMackey
in reply to: svalente9GJKH

The beam system is a rule based element that models true beams.  Check your View Range to make sure it goes below the level as the beams may be lower than the level.  

When you say Rotate, do you mean the beam direction or rotate it vertically?

• If you mean change the beam direction, edit the beam system sketch and use the "Beam Direction" tool and either select a sketch line or draw in a new direction line
  • If you mean vertically you will need to create a work plane to set the beam system to. This can be a grid, named reference plane, or face of element

FYI you may get more responses if you post in Revit Structure forum as this is a structural tool

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report