Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create a wall Family with insualtion that changes according to different wall sizes?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tfoLVTC4
718 Views, 4 Replies

How can I create a wall Family with insualtion that changes according to different wall sizes?

I'm currently trying to make a family model of a "Sandwich-Element" wall with different withds, however, I also need to hatch and show that there insulation in the middle. I've tried looking for a custom hatch pattern, But I've had no success there, as I need something that would also follow the element thickness and change accordingly to that. Whenever I'm working on a project, I just do a filled region and then do the insulation setting on top, but I was wondering if it's possibel to make a family as described.

Picture 1 is what I currently have, and picture 2 is what I'm wondering if is possible to make.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: tfoLVTC4

Typically, Batt Insulation is shown in Details only - not built into the Model to be shown in every single Section View at every single View Scale.  That's a lot of "messy" linework.  

Help | Work with Insulation | Autodesk

Batt Insulation.png

Message 3 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: tfoLVTC4

...if you are hell-bent on placing this SYMBOLIC representation of insulation in the Model Wall Type, then you could Model it by creating a Parametric Profile Family and using this Family to create Wall Sweeps.  Wall Sweeps can be built into the Wall Assemblies.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit/learn/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2020/ENU/Revit-Model/fil...

Message 4 of 5

Hi, you could also create your own 2D insulation family:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qKL0sV0dH34

Message 5 of 5

This doesn't seem to answer how to get the batt pattern to be a part of a modeled wall. It would need to be a material applied to the cut pattern  in the wall layer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report